Friday, August 7, 2015

Best 5th Grade Science Conference Ever!!

I hosted two events; "Resources for Passing the End of Grade Assessments" and "Writing in the Content Area."  Below are two summarized versions of the Slides I presented along with additional notes to support.

All of the resources mentioned can be found HERE.
My science lessons are roughly 45 minutes to an hour so I move through those six steps at a decent pace.

In the video I mentioned Page Keeley Assessment Probes and Discovery Education SOS Strategies as great resources for kinesthetic activities to review.

To clarify what I meant by using authentic questions for the cumulative review.  I do not generate my own questions, I only use published ones so students are familiar with the language of the test.  I am not teaching to the test, I am just preparing them how the content will be presented to them.

Below is my second presentation about justifying your answer with supported evidence.


The focus of the presentation was a simple rubric for teachers and students to quickly assess a writing piece.  Again you can find the Slide and all of the resources HERE.

I also provided supportive ideas for students to demonstrate what they have learned using their writing with integration of technology including using Greenscreening, Augmented RealityDE Board Builder and Paper slide videos with Lodge McCammon.

No comments:

Post a Comment